Summer Bits and Bobs!


I have to say, working in a large shopping centre makes me want to spend uncontrollably. Either on my lunch breaks, or before and after my shifts, I always tend to browse and have a bit of a mooch around stores to see if I can find a bargain!


Seeing as its practically summer (wahey we got some sunshine at last! Hopefully I haven't spoken too soon and jinxed it!) and all the high street stores have some sort of sale on, as per, I thought I'd give into my urge of buying some bits and bobs and finding some bargains that I can wear. I have to say, I haven't been on a proper shopping spree for a few months now, seeing as I practically have everything in my wardrobe, (and Ash does too..) but to accommodate for this gorgeous weather, and keeping up to date with accessories, I decided to spoil myself hehe.



Recently, well for a while now, I have been seeing a trend of chunky necklaces, including thick curbed chains. Now, obviously, I know here in England chains like this have been associated with 'chavs' you'd see wearing trackies, burberry or the ones you see on the Jeremy Kyle Show! (lol) Hence, why I hesitated in buying one for such a longggg time! Then I realised, that it doesn't matter what you wear, its how you wear it! And the same applied to this necklace. I purchased this gold curbed chain necklace from Wallis seeing as I had also been given staff discount on the concession within store. The necklace, which cost me £8.00 (RRP £10.00), is surprisingly quite heavy in comparison to the similar ones I have seen in stores such as Topshop and H&M.


Ideally, I'd wear this necklace with either a baggy loose fitted t-shirt or a peplum top during the summer. And for the winter, I'd alternate the necklace between knitwear and even high turtle necked tops as well as shirts. I believe, if worn properly with the right tops, dresses and accessories in general, then anyone can pull the look of the 'chunky chain necklace' off without looking like a, dare I say it, chav! (just try not to wear heavy gold plated hoops alongside the necklace..)




Another thing I picked up, for just £7.00, was a plain khaki coloured t-shirt from H&M. Seriously, in England we're not used to such hot weather, so you'd probably gather that I only have a few summer clothes in my wardrobe, the rest are just full sleeved tops, t-shirts and loadssss of knitwear (I love my knitwear!) and luckily whilst browsing through the H&M sale, I came across this t-shirt that is part of their 'conscious' range, which consists of recycled materials. The t-shirt is pretty plain, with a small pocket detail on the left side of my chest alongside a gem detail on the arms which I thought was quite pretty :).










Alongside the t-shirt, I also managed to pick up this long sleeved navy shirt for just £10.00! I love wearing shirts, especially during winter seeing as I can layer them up with different things or even wear them under jumpers and cardigans. What I love about this shirt is the gem detail on the collars, as although the shirt is pretty plain itself, if I was to wear this under some knitwear, the gem detail on the collars of the shirt would add a nice touch. Although, saying this, I'm very wary of gem items especially in regards to clothing as they tend to fall off easily after several washes. Fingers crossed these gems don't wear out that easily!





In addition to the accessories I already have, I decided to purchase this woven fake suede/leather and gold bracelet from Forever 21 for £6.25. I don't wear or own many bracelets, probably because I wear my watch on one wrist and the fact I have very tiny wrists which makes it hard for me to find bracelets or bangles that I can actually wear without them slipping or falling off! But I found this bracelet goes with pretty much any item that I wear. It's intricately designed to be quite chunky, and has a t-bar fastening with two gold hoop to fasten with for personal preference. I rarely shop at Forever 21, but its a coincidence that whenever I have, it's always been for jewellery!



I promise we will be posting more guys! The good weather alongside the fact we rarely get time to sit down and think of posts to write, let alone write them, has led to us neglecting our blog! But look out for more posts to come, hopefully.

M x

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love chain necklaces, I've been thinking of getting an ID necklace in rose gold. :) Lovely blog, following you now. :) Have fun! xx

    ReplyDelete