OOTD's: Alton Towers and Go-Karting

Alton Towers day student out
So, over the summer, me and Ash have actually had a few days out which we've forgotten to blog about because neither of us have had the time to sit down and write up a post on what we've done! However, after finishing our assignments and exams, we both decided to tick some things off our bucketlist and go to a theme park as well as do something we've never done before.. which led us to race each other as we went go-karting! Unfortunately, when we did go to these places, we didn't get a proper opportunity to capture how amazing these experiences were by our cameras that much.. so you'll just have to believe that I'm not exaggerating haha!


Ash and I had always contemplated on going to a theme park.. but living in Britain, a place of many theme parks.. we were spoilt for choice on where we should go. Drayton Manor is the closest and cheapest for the both of us, and we have never been to Thorpe Park before either.. but we ended up going to Alton Towers due to the amazing variation of rides it has there (plus, the last time I went there was when I was one.. so I had no idea what to expect!). The prices for the theme park, in comparison to the prices for Drayton Manor Park, were expensive as they were £34.65. However, being students, Ash found an amazing deal on Studentbeans.com which led to us getting them for the price of £25.48 each, which in total cost us £50.96.. bargain I know! Luckily, the weather was on our side when we went, however we were both weary of if it wouldn't be as the weather in England is so unpredictable! So we layered up just in case.


As you already know, I love knitwear. And from Bicester Village, I had bought a Ralph Lauren cable knit jumper. And I finally wore it when I went to Alton Towers. I paired the jumper up with a cream collared shirt underneath as I layered up in case it would get too cold or rain. Alongside the jumper, I decided to wear my Zara parka as it complimented the cream shirt underneath. I wore light denim jeans and my high top Converses as I knew I'd be walking quite a lot as well as driving a long distance, and they'd be comfy for both walking and driving on the motorway as flats irritate my tiny feet at times.

Ash also went for a casual look. Wearing his burgundy All Saints long sleeve polo with a leather jacket. Both items paired with black skinnies alongside his boat shoes from Massimo Dutti, again for comfort as Alton Towers is a very big place (not even exaggerating!). As you can tell, we opted for comfort over what we wore. Saying this, I feel as if it was essential to do so because going on rides as well as walking for hours on end can make you extremely uncomfortable if you're not wearing comfy clothes!

Both outfits are quite simple and not accessorized. This isn't due to our lack of care in what we wore, but due to the fact we were aware we'd be going on rides at such fast speeds, thus played it safe with what outfits we'd wear. I mean, could you imagine me wearing heavy jewellery only to get whacked in the face by it when I'm on a rollercoaster?! Hahaha!




In the summer, we also decided to go Go-Karting! Neither have us have been before, or knew that there was a place that held Go-Karting races near us. It was literally a spontaneous visit on a random Tuesday afternoon! As you can tell, I wasn't dressed to go Go-Karting. Wearing my Miss KG flats, you could say I looked a bit too 'girly' and 'glamorous' to be wearing overalls and a helmet! We both had a thirty minute session split into two sessions being ten minutes and twenty minutes; competing against each other. Safe to say I let Ash win.. seeing as I'm the nice one (just kidding.. he beat me.. :/). But overall, they're experiences anyone should try!
(P.s Have you gathered we like taking photos of our shoes??)





Random post, I know. I wish I blogged about it as soon as these days out took place. But it totally skipped my mind and being busy didn't help! Better late than never hey? Also, we love doing new and adventurous things/activities. We'll be using more student offers that we come across seeing as we are both students, might as well take advantage of the offers! Do you have any places or activities to recommend? Leave a comment below if you do.. It'll be highly appreciated! :)


M x

No comments:

Post a Comment