Men's birthday wish list

I'll be turning 19 next month and my family and friends have been asking me, 'what do you want for your birthday?'. Usually there's always something that I've wanted for sometime and someone would get it for me. This year however, I've not come across anything that excites me so much that I want it. I tried seeking for some inspiration online and have found some things which I think are pretty cool and thought I'd share with you guys seeing as I've not posted in quite some time. :)

mens birthday wish list 2013

1) Nike Roshe Run Trainers
I've seen quite a few outfit posts on Lookbook and Tumblr where people have styled either New Balance's or Nike trainers with skinny jeans and I think it's a good look. The trainers themselves are unbelievably comfortable, I don't know why I've not come across these before. The colour isn't your ordinary black or white and is pretty bold which adds a splash of colour to any outfit.

http://www.asos.com/Nike/Nike-Roshe-Run-Trainers/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2920701&WT.ac=rec_viewed


2) j/fit High Density EVA Roller
A couple of my mates have these rollers and tend to use them a couple of times a week. I once gave it a shot and it felt pretty good. I suppose you could use one of these to imitate a massage as it prevents muscle knots. I've chosen this foam roller particularly as it's 36" wide which means you could roll the majority of your back and chest on it, rather than the small 13" rollers where it'd take you longer to use.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0018E8FHW


3) Asos Bomber Jacket
I was casually browsing the internet in order to find a few items that I could include within this post and I came across this. I really, really like it. As you may know, bomber jackets are trending now and they're everywhere. The leather arms and the floral print on the front and back make it slightly more versatile and stylish compared to your ordinary cotton and polyester bomber jacket. A great bargain too I reckon as it looks more expensive than it actually is (£60 - £54 with a student discount).

http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Bomber-Jacket/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2655248&WT.ac=rec_viewed


4) Dark Red Soft Fabric Flower Lapel Pin
Again, I've spotted a few looks on Tumblr and Lookbook that include lapel pins and I've not actually come across one on the high street which I actually like. But I'd definitely wear this one. It's not too big or small and the fabric makes it stand out. It can also be worn with any coloured suit whether it be: grey, navy or black.

http://www.riverisland.com/men/accessories/pocket-handkerchiefs/Dark-red-soft-fabric-flower-lapel-pin-267905


5) Cheap Monday Bracelet
For some time now, I've been looking for a bracelet that looks trendy. I've a few beaded and material bracelets but I spotted that Proudlock from Made in Chelsea wears metal bracelets and he pulls them off quite well. I like this bracelet specifically because it's simple, not 'in your face' and can be worn with any outfit regardless of the colour palette or occasion.

http://www.asos.com/Cheap-Monday/Cheap-Monday-Bracelet/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2646774&WT.ac=rec_viewed


6) Promixx Blender
I've been using a MyProtein Hurricane Blender since I've started working out properly and it's definitely a lifesaver. It saves you the hassle of opening, closing and scrubbing an ordinary Shaker. However,  it's recently stopped working (probably liquid damage) and I've been having to use a normal shaker which is pretty frustrating. These blenders are ideal for weight gainers as with ordinary shakers they don't blend and get all lumpy.

Unfortunately, MyProtein have discontinued their Hurricane Blender and this is probably the next best thing. Though MyProtein's blender was in the region of £8 and the Promixx is around £19, I think the Promixx is slightly better as you're able to remove the motor which ultimately prevents any liquid damage and it's also bigger so again, ideal for weight gainers which require large quantities of liquid.

http://www.promixx.com/#section-buy


Alright, so I hope I've given you all some tips on some of the latest trends etcetera and I'll keep you all updated on my birthday celebrations.

Ash



5 comments:

  1. Love those shoes! And the Asos jacket is really awesome.

    xx
    http://crystallizedstyle.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're definitely my most favourite out of the 6.

      Ash :)

      Delete
  2. I saw that lapel pin in river island too, wondering if I should get it. I haven't come across this bomber jacket, great find Ash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely buying it! I mean, price wise it's excellent and it's really stylish too. As I've mentioned, I've not yet found another decent lapel. I think great accessories are very rare and you should buy them if you get the chance!

      Yeah it definitely took me by surprise. The only thing is that it's actually navy rather than black which has made me uncertain about it. If you watch the 'video' on the website, I'm sure you'll understand what I mean.

      Ash

      Delete
    2. I went online and it says that the pin is in-stock near my workplace so I'll definitely go and get it, like you said great accessories are rare.

      I just went on the video now......yerr the navy bit has thrown me off now too haha. If it was £30 I'd get it.

      Delete