Cellucor C4 Extreme: pre workout review


I bought this whilst I was at the Bodypower Expo in the NEC (Birmingham) a couple of months ago. I decided to buy it as my exams were drawing to a close and I'm trying to gain as much weight as I possibly can so I thought it's time I took my weight gaining regimen to another level. My mates are always telling me how much pre workouts are great and the energy they receive from some is unreal. I didn't go to the expo seeking a pre workout, but Cellucor had a stand there and I knew C4 Extreme is currently one of the top pre workouts from browsing bodybuilding.com, hence the purchase.


Taste: 6 out of 10
I firmly believe that taste should not hold any weight when buying supplements, but it's definitely a luxury having a supplement you look forward to drinking. I opted for the Blue Raz flavour opposed to the Fruit Punch as I've previously had a pre workout which was a Blue Raspberry Ice flavour and tasted pretty good (Gaspari Nutrition's SuperPump Max). Though the previous pre workout tasted good - c4 didn't. It smelt very strong, especially when I was drinking it. However, I just necked within a few seconds so it wasn't much of a problem. What I've also realised is that if you let it to sit for a while, it does taste a little better as there's not much foam sitting on the top.

Effects: 8 out of 10
Within 10 minutes the famous 'tingling sensation' from the Beta Alanine (another key ingredient) kicked in. I had a slightly distorted vision, my ears and nose began to itch and feel slightly irritated. Also, my palms as well as my forehead started building up sweat - even before I started my work out! It's worth noting that I never sweat whilst working out, let alone walking to the gym. I should also add that this pre workout made me feel angry and all I wanted to do was deadliest - not caring whether my back would snap or not! The remainder of the day I was more anti-social than I usually am and felt pretty lazy (also known as 'the crash') so it's probably not a good idea to supplement this pre workout when you've got exams or a special occasion.

Strength, Power and Endurance: 9 out of 10
Compared to when I take no form of stimulant (whether it be a pre workout or a strong black coffee), I've realised that I'm able to workout for longer periods without feeling over-worn when I take this pre workout. I also feel more focused and my technique is much better (this may be more psychological than physical). However, I also feel more pumped up before working out and I don't actually have to warm up as much as I would have to if I took no stimulant prior to working out.



The powder in water - unshaken.


No lumps leftover whatsoever. I should add that the serving size is just 5.8g - my thumb doesn't even fit in the scoop.


All in all, I believe that Cellucor's C4 Extreme is an excellent pre workout and I'll definitely buy it again. I, myself have seen an increase in my bodyweight. Now, this is not simply because of the pre workout, but the pre workout has made my workouts better.


Ash






2 comments:

  1. Is Cellucor’s C4 extreme also a muscle building product like a preworkout supplement? Actually some time ago I saw one of my friends using it and he has a great body now. So I was wondering if I can become like him too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some great tools that i definitely use for SEO work. This is a great list to use in the future.. best bcaa bpi

    ReplyDelete