Bodyshop Tea Tree Products Review

When it comes to skincare products, I tend to get really cautious as since I was a child, my skin has always been sensitive. Due to having such sensitive skin, under times of stress (especially during examination periods at college a few years ago) I'd tend to have a breakout on my face (despite my skin being quite dry!). The problematic areas on my face were mainly my forehead and chin resulting to blemishes. As I'm Asian, my complexion is naturally tanned therefore the blemishes on my skin would remain dark also.

Without exaggeration, I think I have tried sooooo many 'Asian myth' homemade regimes for blemishes such as 'rubbing lemon on my face and sitting in the sun' which I do not recommend as lemon dries skin very quickly, as well as products such as using sandalwood and honey. As well as this, I've also used well known high street brands such as 'Bio-oil' and other scar diminishing serums that you'd come across in well known drugstores. But ultimately, I opted to try Tea Tree Oil in one of its purest forms a few months back. And ever since then I'm glad to say my blemishes have definitely reduced visibly. 

As I used tea tree oil before, I came across a range of products with the same ingredients in the Bodyshop. Initially, I was hoping to buy a majority of the products in the range, but realised I should stay on the safe side and only use a few essential ones. So I bought the night lotion as well as the tea tree mask.

Firstly, I used the night lotion. After removing my make up then cleansing and toning my face, I pump a small portion of the lotion onto my hand and then evenly rub it all over my face. The lotion is light which is suitable for night use as you don't want a heavy, cloggy moisturizer on your skin during the night. The smell of tea tree oil (which is a menthol sort of scent) is expected from the lotion. But other than that, it is definitely incorporated in my daily routine now :).









The mask however is used quite rarely. Again, same with the lotion, the mask also has a cooling effect with the menthol scent coming from the oil within the mask. I use the mask for approximately 20 mins, once every month, and it leaves my skin feeling very soft, getting rid of any oily as well as dry patches that may be present.







If you want to know more about this range, or you know any methods/remedies for scarring and blemishes.. Don't hesitate to comment below!  :)

M x


No comments:

Post a Comment