Ash's May Haul 2013 - All Saints, BodyPower, Burton, H&M, Superdrug and Topman

Not ever did either of us intend that we'd not post for nearly a whole month! Apologies guys, we're both students and with that student status, the both of us had to bear the burden of assignments and exams! But, thankfully, they're over now. So I, Ash, thought I'd post about a few things I've picked up and bought during this period of blogging absence.. 

I've had my eyes on a couple of Topman's suits for quite some time. I think the suits from there (and Asos) are the only two outlets which sell skinny fit suits. I took advantage of the 20% student discount they offered in May, and it only costed £96 in total! I was extremely pleased with the quality, colour and fit of the suit hence I would have paid almost double the amount I did. The last time I bought a suit was for my Year 11 prom which cost me around £300, and I wasn't particularly happy with the suit due to the fit and style. So paying £96 for a suit which I love was a huge bonus.



Recently, I've had a tendency to browse through Lookbook and Tumblr for outfit inspirations. I've noticed a craze in knitted ties and I quite like them. They're unique and incredibly fashionable. I don't usually shop at Burton, but I thought I'd have a look in their formal wear and I came across this tie and I just couldn't put it down! I absolutely love it! It it was only £6.30 after the 10% student discount.













In addition to that, I also bought another knitted tie from H&M. I do like this, but the material feels rather cheap compared to the Burton tie. This tie from H&M was £12. I do think I'll get some wear out of it though.
















I headed to the BodyPower expo last month! It was absolutely phenomenal! I'll write a review on it in the next week or so. I did buy a couple of things - one being a pre workout called C4 Extreme by Cellucor. I've tried a couple of pre workouts prior to this, including Jack3d Micro and Gaspari Nutrition's Super Pump. Neither of which have given me a boost unlike Cellucor's C4 extreme. I bought the 30 serving Icy blue raspberry flavour for £20. I must say, I love it!! I'll go into more depth on the BodyPower expo review.


For quite some time, I've been seeking a fitted hoody. I bought one from H&M a couple of months ago for just £15! I'd tried looking for the same hoodie in a different colour but had no luck. I then found this hoodie at All Saints. I really like it as it's skinny around the arms and not too baggy around the chest and back - though it did cost five times more than the H&M hoody (£75).


During the summer season my face seems to become somewhat irritated. And seeing as we're getting a bit of sunshine in England, this product became a neccesity. Whilst I was browsing through Superdrug whilst buying a few toiletries I came across Simple's face wipes. I've seen a couple of my mates use the same facial wipes so I thought I'd give it a go. Since I've been using them every night I've realised that my skin doesn't feel as heavy/clogged. Also, it's pretty good in the sense that you can see the dirt come off your face rather than using a regular face towel and exfoliator. 










6 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a knitted tie for ages!!! I'll have to have a nip into Burtons soon to see if they have a black one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I replied to your comment a while ago, don't know why it didn't post!

      Anyway, yes they do have a black one. I decided not to go for the black one as I've several black ties that I bought for my 6th form uniform. You might want to have a look at Zara and H&M, they've also got a few knitted ties but they're not as cheap

      Delete
  2. Oh and I really like H&M's hoodies, for £15 to £20 I'm actually impressed with the quality! I don't think I would ever spend £75 on one, although I'm sure you'll get a lot of wear from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the quality's pretty good. Even after a few washes, the colour's not faded nor has it stretched/shrunk

      Delete
  3. I've always wanted that burton purple knitted tie. Never got it though :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for Sharing useful info. Last week i buy some Gym Clothing such as Gym wear, Body Building T Shirt etc., in online http://impactroadshows.co.uk/. They are specialized in Body Building Expo with the top athlete Ronnie Coleman, Zack Khan, Phil Heath. The Body Expo also offers Body Building T Shirt, Gym Clothing and Gym Wear.

    ReplyDelete