1,000 calorie homemade weight gainer shake recipe


As an ectomorph whose aim is to gain weight, it's often hard to eat more than my Recommended Daily Amount (RDA) of calories to bulk. This is mainly due to laziness and my lifestyle in general - being a student and all. Hence, sometimes a weight gainer is ideal as it's not only quick and easy to make, but very quick to consume. Typically, a 900 - 1,000 calorie (solid food) meal would take me 10 - 15 minutes to consume; hence a weight gainer plays to my advantage as I can either gulp it down within seconds.

Below is the recipe to my favourite weight gainer recipe. The ingredients used are wholesome and are a mixture of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates.


Protein - Protein supplement(s):
I tend to use two different protein supplements: CNP’s Pro Mass and USN’s 100% whey protein. A good alternative stack would be Optimum Nutrition’s ‘Serious Mass’ and ‘100% Whey Gold Standard’. Also, remember to always use milk with your protein supplement if you’re bulking. The protein in milk is made up of 80% casein (a slow digesting protein to keep your muscles fuelled for longer) and 20% whey, not to mention a crazy amount of calories!

Fats - Extra virgin olive oil:
It may sound sickly, but you honestly cannot taste the flavour as the other ingredients override it. I include it solely for the amount of calories it contains, but also its health benefits such as lowering the risk of: cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, certain cancers, high blood pressure and many more!

More fats and Simple Carbohydrates - Peanut butter, dates, banana and honey:
You can play around with these ingredients away and use alternatives but I like this combination as they compliment one another tremendously well and make the shake really sweet and tasty. Dates and honey in particular have many vitamins and health benefits.

Alternatives I usually choose from are: avocados, red grapes, frozen spinach (so it blends properly), blueberries, mangos, and strawberries./div>

Complex Carbohydrates - Oats:
Once again, this ingredient includes a long list of health benefits but they’re the main source of carbohydrates in the list. Everyone knows to gain weight your cupboard must contain a protein supplement and oats!



Ash

5 comments:

  1. Hey its me from Tumblr ;)
    Make a Bloglovin account and I will follow you via that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever thought about including a little bit more than just your articles?

    I mean, what you say is fundamental and all. But imagine if you added some great images or video clips to give your posts more, "pop"!
    Your content is excellent but with pics and clips, this site could definitely be one of the
    greatest in its field. Excellent blog!

    my homepage: download youtube videos (facebook.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post is really good providing good information.. I liked it and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such posts. Arnold Schwarzenegger Series Iron Mass Gainer Online is the best mass gainer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work…
    breast feeding drinks

    ReplyDelete